TEXAS RIO GRANDE VALLEY
Our workshop in the Rio Grande Valley offers unmatched photography opportunities to both serious and amateur bird photographers. During the 3 day workshop, we shoot from multiple hides and target various species from the valley that are both residents and migrants. Come join a tour that you will cherish for a long time to come.
We start our journey in the city of Edinburgh texas where we set up base in one of the city hotels for the next 3 days. Every morning we meet at our designated meet-up point from where we drive to the ranch 25 miles away. During this time we learn and discuss how to set up perches and attract birds. The most interesting part of this tour will be to share the learning from our rainforest workshops in Latin America and experiment them in the dry habitat.
Every evening we meet at the hotel lobby to discuss photo editing techniques. Since most of us understand how powerful Adobe Photoshop is we try to learn the tools that help us make necessary adjustments to improve basic features like light, composition, colors etc. It is important to stay within our ethical boundaries of editing while working on wildlife subjects. The lessons shared during this workshop comply fully with all nature photography competitions.
Dates: 8 - 10 May 2020
Cost: US$ 1750 p/p
Group Leader: Supreet Sahoo
Group Size: Maximum 6 Photographers
Arrival/Departure: McAllen, Texas
Park entrance fees, all activities and guiding.
Lodging, All Meals, International/Domestic travel, visas, travel insurance, gratuities, beverage, snacks, tips, phone calls, laundry, alcoholic beverages & cost of hospitalization/evacuation, if necessary.
- Green Jay
- Northern Bobwhite Quail
- Northern cardinal
- Golden-Fronted Woodpecker
- Crested Caracara
- Turkey Vulture
- Black Vulture
- Inca Dove
- Painted Bunting
- Curve-Billed Thrasher
- 3 species of sparrows
- Indigo Bunting and many more species
Little walking may be involved in certain lodges to reach your rooms (there will be arrangements to carry your luggage in that case).
Most locations are relaxed with minimum to no hikes required.
- Digital SLR (a full-frame camera would be good).
- Your longest telephoto lens, preferably 300mm or more.
- A macro lens is highly recommended.
- A sturdy tripod/monopod required.
- A wide-angle if you are interested in landscapes
- A flash with flash bracket (optional gear)
- Basics of using fill flash in tropical bird photography
- Selection and set up of perches
- Post-processing of images using Lightroom and Photoshop
BOOK YOUR SPOT:
A deposit amount of USD 1000 is required to book your spot.
Please contact using the contact form for payment options. Bank transfer, check, PayPal options available (wiith a service fee)
- Advance non-refundable deposit to book the spot.
- Remaining balance 90 days before the trip start date.
- Advance deposit is non-refundable.
- Remaining amount - 60% refund if canceled before 45 days of the tour. No refund beyond that period.
HOW TO BOOK A SPOT
Step 1: Please refer to the Terms & Conditions to view the payment/cancellation/refund policy.
Step 3: Once the deposit is recieved our team will confirm your spot and send you more details on the tour plan.
- Travel insurance is mandatory for all travelers
- Tropical Photo Tours holds the rights to modify a reservation at any time during a workshop. As a company, we always try to comply with what we have promised but due to several unforeseeable circumstances such as weather, natural calamity, political, environmental, cultural we may have to make changes to our reservations.
- All amounts are in USD unless specifically mentioned otherwise