TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please refer to the individual photo tour pages for the price.
- Lodging as specified.
- Meals as specified
- Stainless steel flask for water.
- Private transfers to and from hotels on first and last days.
- Land transportation during the tour
- Professional driver/photo/nature guide and private transportation in spacious tour bus.
- Guide and Photography Skipper services
- Entrance fees for all described activities.
- Taxes on all services listed above.
- Non-mealtime snacks or meals not included.
- Non-mealtime soft drinks and bottled water.
- Visa fees
- International/personal airfare
- Phone calls
- Guide tips are not included and can be handed to the tour leader upon arrival (USD10/day)
- Cost of hospitalization and evacuation, if necessary
Deposits and Full Payment Terms
- A 'non-refundable' deposit of USD 1000 of the Tour fee as booking amount to reserve your spot
- The remaining balance is due in full 90 days before the start of the tour. If you would like to pay the remaining balance in installments, please let us know.
- All figures in USD per person
- Failure to make payments within this timeline could result in tour cancellation
- A deposit is your commitment to joining the workshop. These deposits don’t typically sit in an account, they are used to cover initial expenses for the workshop like hotel reservations, park permits/fees and guided tour deposits. Due to these expenses, deposits are non-refundable and tour payment made is subject to a cancellation fees.
If Cancelled By You:
- More than 60 days before the start of the tour: $500 cancellation fee unless we fill your spot. If we can fill your spot, the cancellation fee will be waived minus a $99 convenience fee.
- 60 - 45 days before the start of the tour: $700 cancellation fee unless we fill your spot. If we can fill your spot, the cancellation fee will be waived minus a $299 cancellation fee.
- Less than 45 days before the start of the tour: No refunds will be given, and all payments will be forfeited. Full payment is required no later than 45 days prior to departure. If full payment is not received by this date you will be notified by email. If you do not respond within 3 business days, your spot will be forfeited and offered to participants on the waiting list.
Please note: The date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel is the date considered for calculation of the cancellation fees.
If Cancelled By Us:
Other than during the coronavirus pandemic, Tropical Photo tours has never cancelled a tour. We are committed to provide a seamless experience to all our guests and understand that unceremonious cancellations may cause unnecessary expenses and cancellation fees. Any event that causes a cancellation beyond our control will result in the transfer of all payments to a future event.
CANCELLED WORKSHOPS: If we are forced to cancel a workshop for any reason, your entire payment will be transferred to another comparable workshop within one calendar year.
Personal emergencies: If you have a personal emergency, please contact us immediately; we are willing to work with you to reschedule on a case-by-case basis.
Most of our tours involve easy to moderate activity. However, guests must be able to complete moderate walks/hikes with their required photo gear sometimes on uneven or slippery surfaces to get to the hides, photography spots or while looking for specific species. If you have any health problems or physical limitations, please let us know in advance by email at email@example.com.
A trip/travel insurance is highly suggested to protect you from unforeseen scenarios such as travel cancellations, delays, baggage lost and several instances due to weather.
Please note that the above listed terms are only applicable for Tropical Photo Tours tour fee only and does not cover your travel/personal insurance and costs. There shall be NO REFUND for weather delay or cancellation because of weather before arrival or during the scheduled workshop. Tropical Photo Tours is not responsible for any additional costs that may be incurred by weather delays or cancellations due to weather, flight delays, or otherwise.
We reserve the right to cancel the tour and participants will be informed about this in advance. The payment made would be treated based on the cancellation terms above.
Tropical Photo Tours holds the rights to modify a reservation at any time during a workshop. As a company, we always try to comply with what we have promised but due to several unforeseeable circumstances such as weather, natural calamity, political, environmental, cultural we may have to make changes to our reservations.
Changes To Itinerary
Changes may be made to the stated itinerary if in our professional opinion it will benefit the workshop and its participants by providing better photographic opportunities. A change in the order that locations are visited is not deemed to be a major change. Should a major change of itinerary or schedule be forced upon us while the tour is in progress (for example due to strikes, weather delay or breakdown) any additional costs are the responsibility of the participants. Once again, we insist that travel insurance is essential.
We at Tropical Photo Tours try to book the lodges based on the Photographic opportunities, they may not always be of the same comfort or facility level as of a luxury lodge. Most Rainforest lodges are nestled in forests with comfortable, clean accommodation and local food options. On very rare occasions the accommodation that has been reserved for the tour may not be available and under such circumstances we shall arrange an alternative accommodation of similar standard.
All participants are responsible for, and must be in possession of, a full passport, valid for at least six months beyond the end of the tour. Participants must also obtain any necessary visas by checking with the respective Consulates and vaccination certificates before the start of the workshop.
It is very important to check the CDC website and check for health and vaccination advisories before your travel.
Any vaccinations required must be administered at least 10 days before the start date of your trip.
It is the participants' absolute responsibility to seek medical advice regarding vaccinations and medication to ensure that they are prepared by the date of departure.
We at Tropical Photo Tours, will try our best to make your experience a comfortable one, however under no circumstances are we to be deemed responsible and accept liability for physical injury, loss, damage or expense resulting from any event whatsoever beyond our control. Insurance is therefore important and highly recommended.
The receipt of your tour deposit shall be deemed to be consent to the above conditions.
Bird Photography And Beyond
Since our inception, we have curated unique Bird Photography tours, customized Photography Travel Tours and fun-filled photography sessions in over 5 countries!
Tropical Photo Tours LLC is a US Based photography tour company helping birders from all over the world visit and experience the rainforest birding and photography.
2414 Elkhorn Ranch Rd, Leander, Texas – USA 78641
Secure Payment Settings by Stripe & PayPal
This Site uses SSL Encryption to protect your credit card information.
Payments are processed by stripe, a specialist online payment processor. Payments are fully compliant with the PCI DSS standard as such data is encrypted at all times between you entering your card details and your card being authorised. We never store your card details but they are securely stored by stripe.
Visit our recommended camera gear store on Amazon.