Before the Workshop
We’ll be in touch several weeks before the workshop. We will ask you to maintain your vigilance against COVID-19:
- Wear a mask.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often, and for at least 20 seconds.
- Maintain social distance from others at all times.
Depending on the location of the workshop, you may be required to bring proof of a negative COVID-19 test with you. We will advise if this is the case.
Traveling to the Workshop
Please be extra vigilant while traveling. Practice good hand hygiene, use disinfectant wipes often, wash your hands as much as possible, and maintain social distancing as much as possible. Remember that traveling will be much different, so allow more time and be ready for longer queues and differences with check-in and seating. Check for special policies and procedures in advance with your carriers, airports, and hotels.
At the Start of the Workshop
We’ll ask you some basic medical questions about your current and recent state of health. We may take your temperature. We will want to know if you have had COVID-19, if you’ve been tested for COVID-19 and what the results were. We will meet as a group (wearing masks, and maintaining proper social distance), and discuss how these protocols will be implemented and adhered to during the workshop.
During the Workshop
- All participants and staff are always required to wear face coverings, except when you are completely alone.
- As much and as often as possible, social distance will always be maintained.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all times and everyone should use it regularly through the workshop.
- Tropical Photo Tours Workshops staff will not handle your equipment unless necessary, and if we do, we will first use hand sanitizer.
- Guests will be in single rooms if they are available.
- We will communicate the lodging’s (hotel, guest house, lodge, camp) COVID-19 policies before the workshop and at our initial meeting with you at the start of the workshop.
We will have as few guests per vehicle as possible. In buses and vans, we will endeavor to have a seat open between guests.
Vehicles will be cleaned daily.
Door handles and other high-touch surfaces will be cleaned throughout the day.
We will maintain social distancing at mealtimes. Sometimes meals will be at restaurants, sometimes in our meeting rooms, and sometimes “on the run” while we are traveling.
Critiques and Classroom Instruction
All critiques will be in a room where social distancing can be maintained. Face coverings are required.
If Someone Shows Symptoms of COVID-19
If someone exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, they will be immediately isolated from the group, and plans will be made to get them medical attention, testing, and removal from the workshop and quarantine if needed. This could result in the termination of the workshop, solely at our discretion.
Bird Photography And Beyond
Since our inception, we have curated unique Bird Photography tours, customized Photography Travel Tours and fun-filled photography sessions in over 5 countries!
Tropical Photo Tours LLC is a US Based photography tour company helping birders from all over the world visit and experience the rainforest birding and photography.
2414 Elkhorn Ranch Rd, Leander, Texas – USA 78641
Secure Payment Settings by Stripe & PayPal
This Site uses SSL Encryption to protect your credit card information.
Payments are processed by stripe, a specialist online payment processor. Payments are fully compliant with the PCI DSS standard as such data is encrypted at all times between you entering your card details and your card being authorised. We never store your card details but they are securely stored by stripe.
Visit our recommended camera gear store on Amazon.