Pantanal is one of the largest wetlands in the world and home to over 300 species of birds. This is one of the most unique Pantanal tours out there where we cover both North and South in one trip. From Jaguars to Capybaras in the north to Giant Anteaters and birds in the South. Come join us on a trip of your lifetime!
Tour participants are picked up at the Cuiaba airport and transferred to the hotel. Next morning after breakfast we leave at around 7:30 am for our hotel in Porto Jofre. We take the Transpantaneira highway and bird along the road. The next 4 nights we will spend cruising in the Cuiaba river looking for giant otters, jabirus, kingfishers and the magnificent jaguar. We end this part of the tour on 8th and head back to Cuiaba where we spend the night. Next morning we head to the southern side of the Pantanal where we spend 3 nights photographing toucans, macaws, cardinals and several other amazing species of birds.
Southern Pantanal is well known for its large population of giant anteaters and is the major attraction of our tour. In addition, we will also photograph hairy armadillo, crab-eating fox, silky anteater. After 3 nights we head back to Campo Grande where we end our tour.
Dates: 15 - 23 August 2020
Cost: US$ 5000 p/p in twin-share/US$ 5500 in a single supplement
Group Leader: Supreet Sahoo
Group Size: Maximum 8 Photographers
Arrival/Departure: Sao Paulo, Brazil ( GRU)
Lodging, meals (except 1st and last day), ground transportation in Brazil, park entrance fees, all activities and guiding.
International travel, visas, travel insurance, gratuities, beverage, snacks, tips, phone calls, laundry, alcoholic beverages & cost of hospitalization/evacuation, if necessary.
- Hyacinth Macaw
- Burrowing Owl
- Plush capped Jay
- Monk parakeet
- Black-Collared Hawk
- Toco Toucan
- Ringed Kingfisher
- Red-legged Seriema
- Squirrel Cuckoo
- Rufous Hornero
- Bare-faced Curassow
- Purplish Jay and many more species
This is a very relaxed trip and involves very little walking.
- Digital SLR (a full-frame camera would be good).
- Your longest telephoto lens, preferably 300mm or more.
- A macro lens is highly recommended.
- A sturdy tripod/monopod required.
- A wide-angle if you are interested in landscapes
- A flash with flash bracket (optional gear)
- Basics of using fill flash in tropical bird photography
- Selection and set up of perches
- Post-processing of images using Lightroom and Photoshop
BOOK YOUR SPOT:
A deposit amount of USD 1000 is required to book your spot.
Please contact using the contact form for payment options. Bank transfer, check, PayPal options available (wiith a service fee)
- Advance non-refundable deposit to book the spot.
- Remaining balance 90 days before the trip start date.
- Advance deposit is non-refundable.
- Remaining amount - 60% refund if canceled before 45 days of the tour. No refund beyond that period.
HOW TO BOOK A SPOT
Step 1: Please refer to the Terms & Conditions to view the payment/cancellation/refund policy.
Step 3: Once the deposit is recieved our team will confirm your spot and send you more details on the tour plan.
- Travel insurance is mandatory for all travelers
- Tropical Photo Tours holds the rights to modify a reservation at any time during a workshop. As a company, we always try to comply with what we have promised but due to several unforeseeable circumstances such as weather, natural calamity, political, environmental, cultural we may have to make changes to our reservations.
- All amounts are in USD unless specifically mentioned otherwise